Wednesday 10 October 2007

Real Dan and the Return of the Swiss Miss










Me and Real Dan, at Carluccio's in London. Photo courtesy of Brian, who is a better photographer than I am anyway.


It happened again. After a wonderful reunion with “Real Dan” a few months back (and sadly my last post as I have been horribly remiss in blathering on about my not-quite riveting life), I got a message via Facebook from another dear friend from my past. Stefani (the “Swiss Miss”) was an exchange student at my high school briefly and then she moved to Southern California and then back to England... and we regrettably lost touch. But through the magic of Facebook she’s back! Hurrah! It’s so super-fantastic that I feel like we could be an advertisement for them.

I’m slotting her right back into my life and “we mustn’t drop off like that again!”

In other news ... hmmm, what other news? Exactly. Everything at work is still up in the air and irritatingly quasi top secret. Which brings me to this rant: if you want to keep things under wraps, why not be discreet for godsake? And if you’re not going to tell people, shouldn’t you at least not tell them that their jobs will be changing, that they won’t be happy, aren’t going to like the changes... but hey, don’t worry about it all, there’s nothing you can do so just get on with it...?!

Interestingly, I am only de-motivated part-time. On those days, I drag Jo downstairs to drink tea (or another soothing hot beverage of choice, hot chocolate also works) while we sit and look out at the lake. And I try not to moan the whole time (honestly I do) ... without a huge amount of success it must be said.

In between my whinging episodes, I’m “getting on with it” ... mostly, I think, because the work I am doing has nothing whatsoever to do with the higher up who did actually say those words above to our entire Creative Services team. I’ve been up to my eyebrows in city-building (new SimCity title), island castaways, and some other forthcoming Sims-alicious bits.

There. That about catches things up. I can now pretend that we’re up to speed. (The 2 or 3 of us who might still be reading!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work.

style inside said...

hi hi hi, have only just read this post. How lovely. I'm so happy about re-finding you again.
Love, Swiss Miss