Thursday 11 October 2007

I'm Still Not Doing Them

I thought about coming clean (after being inspired by Jo's ducks neatly aligning themselves) about all of the things that I am completely in denial about and avoiding... my taxes, my car reg is which is paid up and current (thank you), but for which they didn't see fit to actually send me a tax disc , my lease which is ticking away toward expiring (though I think I should also get credit because I did phone the agent. She's just never phoned me back. Harridan.), my perpetually anaemic finances, my grandmother's birthday (3 days ago), my nephew's birthday (11 days ago), my non-existent exercise regimen (again, if my yoga instructor nips off to teach in Australia for months on end -- well?) ... and the list goes on and on.

But I don't know that I am actually even going to pretend to try to make myself do anything about them, so perhaps confession is pointless. Denial is working for me. For now.

Here's what's not working for me -- all the freaking spiders. I know I've said something about this before, but let's get real. How many spiders can one small house and garden actually NEED? Well, let me tell you, regardless of what it needs, it can jolly well support a truckload.

This morning I left the house just before 9, and it was a misty, foggy morning... all the better to see the virtual forest of cobwebs, my dears! My front garden looks like something out of a Halloween story. And it's true, I love Halloween, but come on. In hindsight I also realize I should apologize -- I should have taken photos, but I was 1) underwhelmed and not a little disturbed, and 2) lazy. Perhaps I will be lucky enough (ha!) to see them again tomorrow and get a second chance.

I keep telling myself, "yes, but there's no snakes in England," (sometimes even in a self-congratulatory sort of tone) and none of these horrifying infestations either. So I got that going for me.

No comments: