Monday 8 February 2010

Not So Cute in the Wee Hours



I’d like to take this time to thank the industrious rodent who made the time to roll some kind of flora across the roof and back all night long. Not only did you wake me up with your antics, but you also drove the normally placid (okay, lethargic) Scout nutty (ahem) as well.

I’m pretending you’re a squirrel. For some random reason I feel better about this even though the outcome of your incessant actions is the same whether you were indeed a fluffy gray-tailed squirrel … or some other less beloved sort of rodent.

So, yes, thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication throughout the entire night, but now really, you must go. I’m sure I have some neighbors who would welcome your nocturnal ministrations and I would hate to think that I am hoarding the pleasure.

Thank you, squirrel, and good night!

No comments: