Monday 23 July 2007

Awash in Bitterness

See. The thing is. I actually love a good storm. Flashes of lightning, booming peals of thunder, raindrops the size of olives.

What, it turns out, I don't love is continuous rain all Summer long.

A few summer squalls? Fine. Cool, even.

Forty days and forty nights of start-building-the-freaking-ark-rain? Um, no. Not so much, thanks.

On the plus side, at least my tap water is still potable. For now. Or so I think...

Outside work tonight, with reflections of raindrops.

2 comments:

jomoore said...

You know, this is why holidays to the Med became so popular in the Seventies when we Brits discovered aeroplanes.

My childhood holiday memories are mostly of watching this kind of weather - from a tent.

Anonymous said...

good share, great article, very usefull for us...thank you